Installing vld, and other php extensions

terryds

I'm so confused in installing vld and other php extensions... :(FYI, i know vld (Vulcan Logic Disassembler) from http://fabien.potencier.org/article/8/print-vs-echo-which-one-is-faster Can you please tell me how to install it ? I'm very new to the LINUX (i think) language... :blush: coz i'm using Windows...Please tell me step by step.... :blush: (from opening the command-line that i don't know where to open to installing and using that thing)

Linux is an operating system, not a language. In order to do anything like this you'll need SSH access to your server so that you can log in and run the commands to install new software. I use Putty as an SSH client when I need one. SSH is how you access the command prompt on the server, but it requires privileged access which you don't get from free or some shared hosts. The page you linked to has instructions specific to VLD, more general instructions for PHP extensions are here: http://mattiasgeniar.be/2008/09/14/how-to-compile-and-install-php-extensions-from-source/

I've installed PuTTY.. Now, what ? What will the setting be?I've changedthe translation to UTF-8,selection to xterm,data-->Auto-login username to root,Preferred SSH protocol version to 2 only,Host Name = localhost, and the port = 80,Connection type = SSH,then i click 'open'An error message appears ('The server unexpectedly close the connection')..Can you help me ?

Regular console what ? Can you tell me where that is ? I use XAMPP (the path is C:xampp)... And, my vld-0.11-2.tgz is downloaded from http://pecl.php.net/get/vld .. I place it in drive C:\xampp\php\vld-0.11.2.tgz and i've extracted it too so there is vld-0.11.2 folder ... Can you tell me step by step how to install that (i'm very new in command line and don't know what console i should open) ? Please explain till it's very crystal clear... Do you mean the cmd.exe ? What should i write there ? I try cd xampp.php, then phpize, but it gives me an error.. t6frdi.png And, what do the symbol $ and # mean ?PS : My OS is Windows 7

Edited by terryds

You're trying to use Linux instructions to install a piece of software on Windows. I can't take the time to do all of the research necessary and give you a perfect set of instructions, you should be doing that research if you need to do this. Look for instructions about installing it on Windows if that's what you're trying to do. Normally with PHP extensions on Windows you should be able to find compiled DLLs that you can use rather than compiling it yourself.