data base creating- fatal error

Pavlin24

Hallo,

I need some help again.

Today I tried to create a data base with MySQL.

Here is the code:

<?php$con=mysqli_connect("pavlin-angelov.com","pavlin24","abc123");// Check connectionif (mysqli_connect_errno()) //ако има грешка при свързването { echo "Failed to connect to MySQL: " . mysqli_connect_error(); //показва грешката }// Create database$sql="CREATE DATABASE my_db";if (mysqli_query($con,$sql)) { echo "Database my_db created successfully"; }else { echo "Error creating database: " . mysqli_error($con); }?>

And here is the error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysqli_connect() in /home/pavlinan/public_html/create_db.php on line 2

What might be the reason for this?

Edited by Pavlin24

• 1 month later...

Hi again.

I could not manage with this problem.

So I decided to try this on my PC using XAMPP.

But here appeared problem again.

This is the error message:

"Warning: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'pavlin24'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:xampphtdocscreate_db.php on line 2Failed to connect to MySQL: Access denied for user 'pavlin24'@'localhost' (using password: YES)Warning: mysqli_query() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in C:xampphtdocscreate_db.php on line 11Warning: mysqli_error() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in C:xampphtdocscreate_db.php on line 17Error creating database:"

And here is the code:

<?php$con=mysqli_connect("localhost","pavlin24","123");// Check connectionif (mysqli_connect_errno()) { echo "Failed to connect to MySQL: " . mysqli_connect_error(); }// Create database$sql="CREATE DATABASE my_db";if (mysqli_query($con,$sql)) { echo "Database my_db created successfully"; }else { echo "Error creating database: " . mysqli_error($con); }?>

What might be the problem?

look at the error messages, it should be obvious

"Warning: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'pavlin24'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:xampphtdocscreate_db.php on line 2Failed to connect to MySQL: Access denied for user 'pavlin24'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

does a user pavlin24 with password 123 actually have permissions to your localhost database? That is where I would start investigating first. How did you add this user? using phpMyAdmin?