javaScript integer rounded

Mudsaf

Hello, i'm wondering which method i need to use tho get these values below working.

1 //This should return 11.2 //This should return 21.00001 //This should return 12.5 //This should return 33 //This should return 3

and so on, i guess you'll get my point. I've see that Math.round(); fixes it like decimal should work, but i want the number to go rounded to next higher number.

Math.ceil() will round up to the next number, but 1.00001 will round up to 2 as well. It's up to you to decide a threshold and create a function that chooses Math.ceil() or Math.floor() depending on what value it has.

LOL

function rnd(u){if(u==1) {return 1}else if(u==1.2) {return 2}else if(u==1.00001) {return 1}else if(u==2.5) {return 3}else if(u==3) {return 3}else {return "this is a code joke!"}}
Edited by davej

Math.ceil() will round up to the next number, but 1.00001 will round up to 2 as well. It's up to you to decide a threshold and create a function that chooses Math.ceil() or Math.floor() depending on what value it has.

LOL

function rnd(u){if(u==1) {return 1}else if(u==1.2) {return 2}else if(u==1.00001) {return 1}else if(u==2.5) {return 3}else if(u==3) {return 3}else {return "this is a code joke!"}}

Lol x)