Font Face Problem - Internet Explorer

otronics

Hello.

I have a .woff font uploaded to my FTP server for website use.

Works fine in Chrome, Firefox etc but does not work in Internet Explorer (using version 10).

I've been using the Tryit Editor to test it here: http://www.w3schools.com/css3/tryit.asp?filename=trycss3_font-face_rule

Can anyone else get this to work in IE?

Anything I am doing wrong?

Many thanks.

Oliver.

Edited by otronics

I think Internet Explorer needs a different type of font file, probably .ttf or .eot

normally people put multiple filenames in the @font-face rule so that it's cross-browser compatible.

I found this problem occurring sometimes in Windows server that for some reason IE does not render the font correctly. If this is the case then you will want to check and see if web.config file is in the root. Open that file and add this code in bold:

<staticContent> <mimeMap fileExtension=".woff" mimeType="application/x-font-woff" /> </staticContent>

</system.webServer>

</configuration>

If you are hosting on Linux then you might try the same thing but added this code to .htaccess

AddType font/woff .woff

Check your host server to make sure that mime type (.woff) is added.

Note: I spent many days searching and trying various solutions until I found the one that worked for me and my server because not all servers are the same. It may work for one person but not the other and vice versa. The point here is that the solution I gave you may not apply to you because your server has a different set up. If you don't get an answer from your host then you are going to have to google this and try out one of the many solutions that's out there.

Finally, make sure you have a valid DocType. If you are uncertain if your DocType is correct or not then post it here.