Hover Event - Output/Replace Html

Aucun

Hello, I'm very new to Javascript and I have a few questions regarding it's use with HTML.

I'm trying to change HTML code for when a <div> tag is hovered over (the div is a "button" of sorts). I need the HTML in a specific <div> tag to change when the button is hovered over, and then remain until another button is hovered over.

I've done some searching and found a few things that will probably work I'm just not sure how to put them together properly.

I found this example that shows text being changed:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"><head><title>I can change text =) </title><style type=text/css>div{font-family: Georgia}</style></head><body><script type=text/javascript>function changetext(){var textchange2 = "This is the new me  " ;var id = document.getElementById("DP");id.innerHTML=textchange2;}</script><div id="DP" onmouseover="changetext();">Lets say this is text 1</div></body></html>

I'm not sure how to apply HTML as the "text", and if it replaces or adds to what is already inside the <div> tag. The button is not the same <div> tag that needs to be changed.

When you say replace the HTML inside the div tag, do you mean the text inside it? If so, it does change when you hover over it as niche mentioned.

Here is an example of what I want to do:

<html><body><div id="name"><p>dsgsdfgs</p></div></body></html>

Change it to say:

<html><body><div id="name"><h1>asfasfasf</h1></div></body></html>
Edited by Aucun