ajax request and ...return false

jimfog

Did you read the section on Quirksmode that describes event bubbling? It just seems like a weird question to ask if you need to use stopPropagation. If you want to stop propagation, then use it. If you don't want to stop it, then don't use it. If you don't understand what it does, then research it. Those are the kinds of questions that the developer answers for him or herself based on what they are developing. There are use cases for both bubbling and canceling, so you need to figure out what your requirements are for your application so that you can determine which method to use.

I read the document about propagation-even before posting and I have to tell you not much is mentioned.

It has only one very simple example.It does not provide enough info...at least to the extent I want.

I guess I'm not sure how to help you or what you need.

jQuery provides an interface for a standardized event object to do all sorts of things with events. The documentation seems pretty comprehensive to me in outlining all the methods and properties that it offers and what they do. It's up to you to determine if any of these meet the requirements of your application.

Is it greping/using the documentation that you need help with? Or just going from that documentation to actual implementation?