how too make this?

divinedesigns1

how would i go about make this box shadow to be displaying like this using css3 box shadow? the picture is below

Untitled-1.jpg

or would i have to create this in photoshop?

.shadow{width:300px;height:100px;background-color:yellow;box-shadow:  0px 10px 15px -10px rgba(0, 0, 0, 1.0),             40px  0px 40px -30px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6) inset,           -40px  0px 40px -30px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6) inset}

1st shadow definition is to the bottom, 2nd is for the left inside gradient and the 3rd is for the right inside gradient. the bottom shadow won't be as nearly rounded, but you can come close to the effect.

you could also use SVG to make a dynamically sized shadow. and through filters it should be quite possible to duplicate the effect in your image, though I don't know quite enough about SVG to walk you through it

.shadow{width:300px;height:100px;background-color:yellow;box-shadow:  0px 10px 15px -10px rgba(0, 0, 0, 1.0),             40px  0px 40px -30px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6) inset,           -40px  0px 40px -30px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6) inset}

1st shadow definition is to the bottom, 2nd is for the left inside gradient and the 3rd is for the right inside gradient. the bottom shadow won't be as nearly rounded, but you can come close to the effect.

you could also use SVG to make a dynamically sized shadow. and through filters it should be quite possible to duplicate the effect in your image, though I don't know quite enough about SVG to walk you through it

thats not giving me exactly what i want, but thanks tho, ill look into svg some more

http://nicolasgallagher.com/css-drop-shadows-without-images/demo/

<!DOCTYPE html><html>    <head>        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">        <meta name="viewport" id="viewport" content="target-densitydpi=high-dpi,initial-scale=1.0,user-scalable=no" />        <title>Document Title</title>        <script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.9.1/jquery.min.js"></script>        <script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.8.4/jquery-ui.min.js"></script>        <script type="text/javascript">        </script>        <style type="text/css">            /* Curved shadows */            .drop-shadow {                position:relative;                float:left;                width:230px;                height:23px;                /*padding:0 0 1em;*/                margin:0 7px;                background:#D7DBDE;                /* -webkit-box-shadow:0 1px 4px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), 0 0 40px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1) inset;                    -moz-box-shadow:0 1px 4px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), 0 0 40px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1) inset;                         box-shadow:0 1px 4px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), 0 0 40px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1) inset;*/                            }            .drop-shadow:before,            .drop-shadow:after {                content:"";                position:absolute;                            }            .curved:before {                top:10px;                bottom:10px;                left:0;                right:50%;                -webkit-box-shadow:0 0 12px #000000;                -moz-box-shadow:0 0 12px #000000;                box-shadow:0 0 12px #000000;                /*-moz-border-radius:10px / 100px;                border-radius:10px / 100px;*/                 z-index: -1;            }            .curved-hz-1:before {                top:20%;                bottom:0;                left:16px;                right:16px;                -moz-border-radius:100px / 10px;                border-radius:100px / 10px;            }.box-outer{background-color: #E4E9ED; width:244px; height:50px; position: relative; z-index:5; overflow:hidden;}        </style>    </head>    <body>        <div class="box-outer">            <div class="drop-shadow curved curved-hz-1">                            </div>        </div>    </body></html>

• 3 weeks later...