lock site in the IE

WFerruccio

I develop a web applications in adobeFlex 3.5;

I need to develop a feature onsite to lock my application run in the Internet Explorer

I research and founded hints about the meta:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="chrome=1;IE=EmulateIE7;"/>

but this not solve my problem.

My client has one application with this feature, when the user try browser in the Internet explorer the IE show the attached image, when the user clicks on allow and have chrome in the machine the application will be opened in the chrome, if isn't installed the chrome the application opens on IE.

post-168642-0-31196100-1385469496_thumb.png

Why are you developing with Adobe Flex, which is specifically aimed at creating cross-platform applications, and then trying to limit it to IE only? That doesn't make sense.

If that's really what you want to do, I think the only option is to try and have your application detect the environment and just show an error message if it is not IE. I believe that you would see the popup that you showed above if the user has a default browser other than IE, and you can't control which program they use to open your site. The only thing you can do is show an error message if it is not IE, which seems completely against the idea of using Flex in the first place.

It doesn't make sense to me of only allowing IE users access to your website. Thats like a Gas Station only providing service to Ford drivers.

Edited by Hadien

please don't cross post. Once post in one sub forum is sufficient.

Why are you developing with Adobe Flex, which is specifically aimed at creating cross-platform applications, and then trying to limit it to IE only? That doesn't make sense.

If that's really what you want to do, I think the only option is to try and have your application detect the environment and just show an error message if it is not IE. I believe that you would see the popup that you showed above if the user has a default browser other than IE, and you can't control which program they use to open your site. The only thing you can do is show an error message if it is not IE, which seems completely against the idea of using Flex in the first place.

It doesn't make sense to me of only allowing IE users access to your website. Thats like a Gas Station only providing service to Ford drivers.

in the fact I need to lock my site on IE, my site works in all browsers, but my client need to lock in the IE, please try access https://www.myworkday.com/ in the IE, the IE will show for you a warning if you clicks on "Allow" you will be redirected to the chrome, if the user clicks on "Don't Allow" the site opens on IE normally. (PS. the site will show a message error, please ignore the error message, i need do the warning message in my application exactly like this warning showed)

tks for you help,