calendar app

jimfog

I would like to build a calendar similar to outlook.com. The first step I am doing to "decrypt" its functionality is to find out libraries that it is using.

It is difficult to do so though-I am just seeing the source of the page, without concluding anywhere though.

So, can you understand what libraries/frameworks are being used there(backbone, jquery...other)?

well...I see many files there, none of which seems to be related any framework.

I also found this,-which is of particular interest:

x-jquery

It seems to be a templating system relative to jquery...I know nothing about it and it is the first time I see such thing.

Any comments are welcome.

I mean in case you manage to reach any conclusion regarding the code you see in the script tags.

To me it seems custom code-not any framework used.I am not sure though

I don't have an account on outlook.com, but what I see on the login page is minified code. Being that it is Microsoft, it would make sense if they are using .NET for that site or a custom backend written in C# or something like that. They might use frameworks but I wouldn't expect them to use many of the publicly available plugins or things like that, I would expect that they would write the majority of that themselves.

well...the point to make is that I am trying to find a calendar library/plugin/framework that provides the same functionality with one found in outlook.com or google calendar(I do not think these two differ a lot, at least when it comes to their core functionality).

Adding/deleting/changing events plus some custom code.But I must have a basis to work on.

I have made a calendar in PHP but lacks the interactivity of aforementioned.

IT IS NOT state of the art as you can imagine.... this PHP calendar.

I need a calendar here that has full AJAX support and...kind of a modern js application.

Aren't there a bunch of jQuery calendar plugins available? Like this one...

http://arshaw.com/fullcalendar/

I saw this plugin.seems to be the right choice for the job.What seems interesting though is that the "view" is totally left to js, no PHP involved.

PHP will be involved probably only when storing events to the database or selecting from it.

As I see my approach was wrong, in my PHP calendar the "view" was also "taken care" by PHP.

One issue that is raised is localization. I want the calendar to be in Greek.

Now...of course it is in English. What can I do about it?

The documentation does not mention anything about localization.

I found a solution to the above problem.

Edited by jimfog