SideBar

darkofman

Hi! :)

I've just started learning the javascript language, well for now I know some classes and some basic informations

so,I decided to create a website with nothing, I had to learn photoshop basics, and I made my first theme design

there I started learning html and css, I think I have the basics now, I have found some softwares that create a theme for you and make it into html and javascript, but since I am so into this and started to get addicted to it, I wanted to create evrything by my hands, I dont want a software which would write for me

So I found my way untill the sidebar , after I made some research at google, I found how to make a sidebar with DreamWeaver, I decided to create one there and give a look at the javascript that I would get from it, Ofcourse I will not use it, since it is not my hand made,I tried to get the idea how to write one from it , but it was in another level since I am a newbie

If anyone can help me with some advices or with showing me the way I must go through , please dont hesitate :)

I hope I am posting in the right section of the forum :P

thank you in advance

P.S: ill be waiting for anwsers :)

yes, as you said, it is a div

let me copy you a part of the javascript that was in another level for a newbie like me

<script type="text/javascript">function MM_swapImgRestore() { //v3.0  var i,x,a=document.MM_sr; for(i=0;a&&i<a.length&&(x=a[i])&&x.oSrc;i++) x.src=x.oSrc;}function MM_preloadImages() { //v3.0  var d=document; if(d.images){ if(!d.MM_p) d.MM_p=new Array();    var i,j=d.MM_p.length,a=MM_preloadImages.arguments; for(i=0; i<a.length; i++)    if (a[i].indexOf("#")!=0){ d.MM_p[j]=new Image; d.MM_p[j++].src=a[i];}}}function MM_findObj(n, d) { //v4.01  var p,i,x;  if(!d) d=document; if((p=n.indexOf("?"))>0&&parent.frames.length) {    d=parent.frames[n.substring(p+1)].document; n=n.substring(0,p);}  if(!(x=d[n])&&d.all) x=d.all[n]; for (i=0;!x&&i<d.forms.length;i++) x=d.forms[i][n];  for(i=0;!x&&d.layers&&i<d.layers.length;i++) x=MM_findObj(n,d.layers[i].document);  if(!x && d.getElementById) x=d.getElementById(n); return x;}function MM_swapImage() { //v3.0  var i,j=0,x,a=MM_swapImage.arguments; document.MM_sr=new Array; for(i=0;i<(a.length-2);i+=3)   if ((x=MM_findObj(a[i]))!=null){document.MM_sr[j++]=x; if(!x.oSrc) x.oSrc=x.src; x.src=a[i+2];}}</script>

the thing I want learn is something like this

2.0-Navigation-Bar.jpg

the difference is that the one I want is my own design :)

Thank you :D

ill be waiting for your anwser ^^

Edited by darkofman

That code was originally used in dreamweaver to produce a menu, you don't require this now it can be achieved with css only, i should google suckerfish menu or son of suckerfish menu, it will show you how to produce menus without the need for JavaScript to be enabled. Then learn about image sprites which are used for swapping button images to different states (:link :hover etc) http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_image_sprites.asphttp://www.w3schools.com/css/tryit.asp?filename=trycss_sprites_hover_nav

Edited by dsonesuk