Passing a Function to a function

watagal

greetings,I need help in the syntax for passing a function as an argument for another function and then call it:

function wrapper(f){      var return = f;}

I've tried every which way I can think of -- any help?TIA

Do you mean like this?

function MyFunction (some,somemore){ some code}MyFunction(anotherfunction(),"string")
?Then remember the function anotherfunction() should return a value, else there wouldn't be anything left to pass :)

No, I don't want to pass the returned value of a function, rather I want to pass a function name and then subsequently execute it within.The idea is to write a wrapper function for several other functions and add additional functionality.Clear as mud?WG

So you want the function name to pass over to another function :)Is it the case that there are more of those function names then, that you want to be passed variably to this function? If it is a preset number of possible functions, rather that passing its name you can pass an integer.function zero(something,func){if (func == 1) { func_one() }else if (func == 2) { func_two() }...}etcetera :)I can't guarantee that passing a function name will work, if then to be executed as such :)

I believe it will pass OK as an argument:

<script type="text/javascript">  function sayHello(who) {  return 'Hello ' + who;  }  function sayGoodbye(who){  return 'Goodbye ' + who;  }  function doThat(func, whom) {  var str = func(whom);  alert(str);  }  doThat(sayHello, 'Bob');  doThat(sayGoodbye, 'Bob');  </script>

Is that what you are looking to do?