Vaguely Unusual SQL Question

ThePsion5

Hi guys,Recently I ran into an interesting SQL problem when trying to design a database with a significant number of tables (10+ means significant for me, lol) and I wanted the capability to have 'notes' associated with one or more of these tables (A.K.A. a location could have a note about a famous battle, but someone who was part of it would have the same note) and I havn't found an easy way to do this with SQL, at least not MySQL. I'm a stickler for designing tightly-knit databases and I would like to take care of this at the database level, but I also wonder if this is something that I should just use PHP for. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!-Sean

An example of what i'd be trying to do:I have four tables, Location, Battle, War and Related. If a battle in WW2 (in by Battle took place in a certain City and that city is in my Location table, I want to record that relationship in my Related table. But if WW2 is in my War table, I also want to record that relationship in the Related table.This may seem like a minor problem but i'll be dealing with a database with 14 or so tables, and i don't want to have a corresponding Related table for each of them, although there may be no way around it at this point, sadly...