<select title="..."> not working in IE6?

pjfarley3

Is there a problem with tooltips for <select title="..."> in IE6? I can't get any tooltip at all from a <select> (sample below).TIA for any info or advice you can offer.Peter

<html><body><form><select name="cars"title="Pick your favorite car!">  <option value="volvo">Volvo</option>  <option value="saab">Saab</option>  <option value="fiat">Fiat</option>  <option value="audi">Audi</option></select></form></body></html>

Is there a problem with tooltips for <select title="..."> in IE6?  I can't get any tooltip at all from a <select> (sample below).
Yes they don't work, i don't know why but when giving the select tag or options a title in IE6 it does't work, are we surprised.... nah!

You're right, it doesn't work :)!I have no clue why it doesn't, only that select is different handled than any other element, notice the unload of a document that has one, it becomes white! (In IE it doest anyway)That very same cause may cause the tooltip thing too. :)And not to mention the select has almost no styling abilities at all :)

You're right, it doesn't work :blink:!I have no clue why it doesn't, only that select is different handled than any other element, notice the unload of a document that has one, it becomes white! (In IE it doest anyway)That very same cause may cause the tooltip thing too. :)And not to mention the select has almost no styling abilities at all :)

Thanks for the info. As I said above, at least I can tell my boss it's not my code... :) Peter

But I still like to know whats wrong with the element, why doesn't the title work? Is it really because it is different handled by the browser? Or is it something else.. :)I only know it should be IE only, inwhich that it wouldn't work because the tutorial says "title" is allowed for the select element as a standard attribute. So if it doesn't work in IE it should in other browsers :)

Edited by Dan The Prof

But I still like to know whats wrong with the element, why doesn't the title work? Is it really because it is different handled by the browser? Or is it something else.. :)I only know it should be IE only, inwhich that it wouldn't work because the tutorial says "title" is allowed for the select element as a standard attribute. So if it doesn't work in IE it should in other browsers :)

Who knows, maybe just a browser bug :) Does anyone have IE7, if so can you check to see if it works in that? ta much