More Problems with IE

The Praetorian

My websiteFor some reason in IE, that one button (compendium) sticks out further than the rest, and as a result adds space to the menu that eats into my text on anything but a wide screen. Also, I notice that on IE, the button only works when the mouse is actually over the text, where as in other browsers it works by simply clicking anywhere on the button. Anyone have any suggestions?Edit: Okay, this is weird. Having checked my website from another computer, using IE, I can't see any evidence of the problem I just mentioned. It shows up that way on my computer on IE (which is new, and a widescreen), but when I check it on a different one it shows up normal except for the thing about the buton links. I would really appreciate if a few people could look at the site and tell me if they see any glitches... because I had one person say that the menu was eating into the text. Thanks!CSS
div.banner{margin:0;font-size:105%;line-height: 1.2;text-align:center;position:absolute;right:auto;width:8.5em;left:.05em;top:5%;border-bottom: 2px groove gray;border-top: 2px groove gray;border-left: 2px groove gray;border-right: 2px groove gray;}a{text-decoration:underline;color:#778899;}body>div.banner {position: fixed}div.banner p{margin:0;padding: 0.3em 0.2em;font-family: "bernhardMod BT", arial;background: #000000;color: #D2B48C;letter-spacing: 2px}div.banner a {display: block;margin: 0 .02em}div.banner a:link{text-decoration: none; color: #D2B48C}div.banner a:visited{text-decoration: none; color: #D2B48C}div.banner a{background-image: url('1043.jpg');border-bottom: 2px outset gray;border-top: 2px outset gray;border-left: 2px outset gray;border-right: 2px outset gray;}div.banner a:hover{background-image: url('1043.jpg');border-bottom: 2px inset gray;border-top: 2px inset gray;border-left: 2px inset gray;border-right: 2px inset gray;}