How to change background image with javascript

MikeatW3S

When you set the backgroundImage property, the browser checks to see if this image is stored in the cache and will try to load it from there; if the image isn't cached then it will download the image from the server.

• Like 1

When you set the backgroundImage property, the browser checks to see if this image is stored in the cache and will try to load it from there; if the image isn't cached then it will download the image from the server.

Again cool! I think I'm on my way to creating a decent website. Thanks lots

Is there a way to have the background image fade in and out to a white plain background? Hopefully there are statements to that effect that I can employ.

Is there a way to anchor the background image at, say, the upper right corner of the page, no matter how the user sizes the window? I hope there is because this would make editing very easy. Thanks.

That's sort of a hack. Instead of being an actual background image, that's 2 image elements stacked on top of each other. It changes the picture on the one below, then fades out the one on top. That's different than using an actual CSS background image.