javascript inside php while loop

funbinod

(sorry if I had to ask it on php forum)

inside a php while loop can I run jquery (or javascript) for each row???

I tried the following ---------------

while ($row = ...................) {    echo "    <tr>        <td>".$row['abc']."</td>        <td><a id='delete' href='delete.php?m=$m&abc=$row[abc]'>DELETE</a></td>        <script>        $(document).ready(function(e) {            $('#delete').click(function(e) {		var conf = confirm('Sure Delete!?')		if (!conf) {		    event.preventDefault();		}            });        });        </script>    </tr>    ";}

but this jquery script works for the first row only and not to other rows. how can I run this confirm script for each row generated by while loop?????

thank u in advance....

You can output anything you want with PHP, including Javascript code. That Javascript code attaches a ready event to the document, which looks for an element with the ID delete and attaches a click handler to it. In HTML, IDs need to be unique, only one element can have any ID. That's why the code is only working on one element. Maybe use a class instead and just output a single piece of Javascript code at the end to attach the handler to all elements with that class.

Agreed. Outputting elements / HTML in a loop is a good idea, but attaching event handles in a loop like that is a bad idea. Use the loop to generate your HTML, and then outside the loop output your JS snippet for attaching events.

oh yes! thank u! :)

I understood what u pointed. but I didn't what u suggested (coz I know less on using class). but I made one logic and solved it. I generated an unique id for each row and attached it to the 'id' and modified the jquery with respect to it. below is what I did-----

$rn = 0;while ($row = ...................) {    $rn++;    echo "    <tr>        <td>".$row['abc']."</td>        <td><a id='delete".$rn."' href='delete.php?m=$m&abc=$row[abc]'>DELETE</a></td>        <script>        $(document).ready(function(e) {            $('#delete".$rn."').click(function(e) {		var conf = confirm('Sure Delete!?')		if (!conf) {		    event.preventDefault();		}            });        });        </script>    </tr>    ";}

what u think, this would be good to use or not?

Edited by funbinod

Just break it down for each recommendation

1. Use a class instead of IDs
  2. Move the event handler outside of the loop

$rn = 0;while ($row = ...................) {  $rn++;  echo "    <tr>     <td>" . $row['abc'] . "</td>     <td><a class='delete' href='delete.php?m=$m&abc=$row[abc]'>DELETE</a></td>    </tr>  ";}echo "  <script>    $(document).ready(function(e) {      $('.delete').click(function(e) {        var conf = confirm('Sure Delete!?')          if (!conf) {            event.preventDefault();          }      });  });  </script>";
  • Like 1