Validating my css

vchris

So I'm validating my css on w3c but I only have a couple warnings that I'm not sure how to solve. It's all about the font-family.CSS

font: bold 11px "trebuchet ms", verdana, arial;

Warnings

Line : 92 font-family: You are encouraged to offer a generic family as a last alternative Line : 92 (Level : 2) font-family: You are encouraged to offer a generic family as a last alternative : #container .subcontainer .topnavlist
I tried putting them all on the same line... font-weight... font-size... font-family... but doesn't work. FYI, I have a different font-family declared in the body.

There are two types of font families, namely generic families and family names. Those you use are family names, and a generic familey is recommended to be the last one. Generic families are standard, so if a user has none of the family names you defined, then the generic family will be use, which is standard on his computer and thus always available :)You may define more that one family as the font, while when the first one is not available to the user, the secon will be used, and if that one is not available either, the third one will be used and so on. So the last family will always be avasilable if it is a generic one, using one as the last will guarantee that one of your defined families will be used :)Have a look here: http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_font_font-family.asp

Edited by Dan The Prof