referring to other pages?????

mastercorran

ok i am just trying to find a direct method or a reference to a website that will show me how to do the following. im trying to make a website that is a game and i want to have the interactive game on one page and i want the stats from the game on another page. for example whatever game it is, when one person wins a game i want their profile to be automatically updated on another page to show that they won the game. i would really love to know how to do this, so if anyone can directly help me on here that would be great or if you can direct me to another webpage that would be great. thanks

Well we need to know a few things first.What type of game? Text-based, Flash, JavaScript???What language? PHP, ASP, Java???Unless you know a programming language I can't see anyone taking the time to code htis for you. It will be massive.Can you provide a few more details.

it would be a basic javascript game and thats what i was afraid of with it being a massive coding. could someone at least direct me somewhere so that i could learn how to program this, since i really dont know a programming language. please just guide me somewhere. thanks

sorry i didnt mean learning to program the game with javascript i can already do that. i meant somewhere i can learn how to program what i explained in my first post

Well you will need to decide which one you want to use. That will depend on the host you choose (what they support).PHP and MySQL are a good combo and both are free to download.You can also find a PHP tutorial at www.w3schools.com with instructions on how to install and run PHP programs.

Also, if you want your Javascript game to communicate real-time with a PHP backend, you will need to use the XMLHTTPRequest object. Do a google search for that one for some more info, it's a big topic.