empty array?

wannabe_god

how can I check if array[$i] is empty?To use like thisCodeif array[$i] != empty //how to check that it is empty{$i++; //lets do next...echo "array position " . $i . " is filled with " . array[$i] . "<br>";}EDITanother question that will solve the problem:how to find the length of an array?

Here is the valid code in syntax... but I didn't know you can have empty arrays. (no wonder, I just got my PWS support PHP) :)

for($i = 0; $i <= SomeFunctionThatTellsTheCellAmount; ++$i){if($arr[$i] != "") // check that it is empty{$i++; // lets do next...echo "array position " . $i . "is filled with " . array[$i] . " <br />";}}

I dunno does this work but have a try.

I don't really see what you added apart of a for loop who doesn't help me mutch becouse I did not have a function to tell the cellamount.However, I just found out, (well, I asked someone...) that count($input) counts the fields of the array. Thanks for trying to help, though.this works...

for($i=0;$i<count($input);$i++)    echo $i+1 . ": " . $input[$i] . "<br>";

Then it should be like:

foreach($array as $val){if (empty($array)) // check that it is not empty{echo "array position " . $i . "is filled with " . array[$i] . " <br />";}}

Then it should be like:
foreach($array as $val){if (empty($array)) // check that it is not empty{echo "array position " . $i . "is filled with " . array[$i] . " <br />";}}

If the $array is empty nothing inside the forech loop will get executed.

Then it should be like:

$i is also undefined. You were probably thinking of this:
foreach($array as $key => $val){  echo "array position " . $key . "is filled with " . $val . " <br />";}

In that case you don't even need to check if it is empty, because you are iterating through each element. The foreach loop will not execute if the array is empty.