Makeing a Online Game!

Johay

Right, I got to admit im a n00bie to coding but hey im new we all start somewhere! so just wondering if you have a specific website i could geta tut from for my need's what i want to do is make a text based online game mmorpg game mafia/gangster eg Bootleggers it would be coded in .php look at screenshot's :) dunno really how to explain italso i did tut in this website. but bit basic not all basic went thru it all so i done that but tells me all stuff i need to know but not all stuff i need to know on this if that makes sense?

I don't think there is a tutorial about how to make a text-based MMORPG. If you want to make a decent game and know how to fix problems or add features, you need to learn how to program first. Your first project can't be something major like that, you'll be working on it for years and it still won't work right. If you want to learn how to program in PHP, use this:http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/progphp2/

Without wanting to dampen your enthusiasm (which is great).... The coding you need for those kind of games can get pretty complicated (I'm talking thousands and thousands of lines of code). As with a lot of things in life, you can't just dive straight in at the deep end, you need to start somewhere simple and learn the building blocks step by step.Build lots of websites and learn to use PHP to perform simple tasks for these sites. Once you're comfortable with that you can start using it for more complex things and eventually you will gain the knowledge and experience to build your game. You will probably also find you need to learn some other skills such as using a MySQL database.You have to understand that what you are asking for is not something you can write a tutorial on. Its not like there is a set piece of code for these things that you change a few values in and there you have it, if it were that easy everyone would do it. You're talking about something on par with writing your own piece of software. You need to master the basics first and then learn how to apply them to increasingly complex situations.

There are loads of things you can use to make a game, for your text based style game I would suggest the following:1. A good working knowledge of html/xhtml, css, and javascript (you are making a website after all).2. A good working knowledge on xml - I'm a bit of a hypocrit here as I've never used it much, but it goes with the above point.3. An extremely good knowledge of a server side script such as PHP or ASP, or possibly another more powerful scripting language that can be integrated with the web.4. An extremely good knowledge of a database system, MySQL is a good one for beginners.5. If you want to take this seriously you will really need to run this on your own server........ learn a lot about this.Basically you've got a lot to learn about a lot of things on the internet.