menu float right gives reverse list effect

scherpenzeel

Hi I have a strange problem. I have a menu box. First it was lined to the left since the design is asking for the menu showing on the right I have done float right for the li part. Now its giving me the wrong result:The menu: which shows of nice, but with the list in reverse order? starting with the last href instead of starting with the first one = index.

<div id="menu">  <ul>  <li><a href="?actie=index_3a">Home</a></li>  <li><a href="?actie=log">Log</a></li>  <li><a href="?actie=recepten">Recepten</a></li>  <li><a href="?actie=contact">Contact</a></li>  <li><a href="?actie=workshop">Workshop</a></li> <li><a href="http://www.emaand.nl" target="_blank"> Pizza van de maand!</a></li> </ul></div>

How can I get this lined up in teh right way?this is the css for this part:

#menu{	width:973px;	padding-top:5px;	padding-bottom:0px;	padding-left:0px;	height: 31px;	padding-right: 0px;	margin: 0px;	margin-right:0px;	margin-bottom: 0px;	margin-left:0px;	background-image: url(/pizzatest/afbeeldingen/menu.jpg);	background-repeat: no-repeat;	background-color: #FFFFFF;		}/* ------------------- menu boven lijst opmaak ------------------- */ #menu ul{	width:973px;	padding:0;	margin:0;	list-style-type:none;	color: #003399;	}#menu li{	display:inline;	color: #003399;	float: right;	}	#menu li a{	color: #666600;	text-decoration: none;	font-size: 90%;	padding: .2em .5em;	background-color: #E9FFD2;	text-transform: none;	}#menu li a:hover{	color: #FFFFFF;	background-color: #666600;	text-decoration: none;}	#menu li a:active{	color: #666600;	font-weight: bolder;}

How to Get this right? here is a sample for both ie and ff: My Webpage

No its not working than its again on the left hand... :) I keep on trying

addind text-align:right to the div and removing the float works fine :)
#menu{width:973px;padding-top:5px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;height: 31px;padding-right: 0px;margin: 0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom: 0px;margin-left:0px;background-image: url(/pizzatest/afbeeldingen/menu.jpg);background-repeat: no-repeat;background-color: #FFFFFF;border:0px solid black;text-align:right;}/* ------------------- menu boven lijst opmaak ------------------- */ #menu ul{width:973px;padding:0;margin:0;list-style-type:none;color: #003399;}#menu li{display:inline;color: #003399;} #menu li a{color: #666600;text-decoration: none;font-size: 90%;padding: .2em .5em;background-color: #E9FFD2;text-transform: none;}#menu li a:hover{color: #FFFFFF;background-color: #666600;text-decoration: none;}#menu li a:active{color: #666600;font-weight: bolder;}

ahhh I forgot about removing the float when using text-align.Man my brain is like goo today. I hate getting up at 5:30am!  :blink:
easy to forget :) 5:30 :blink:You the local milkman :) :) zzzzzzzz

easy to forget  :) 5:30 :blink:You the local milkman :) :) zzzzzzzz

Thanks Both for your "early" reply. I changed it into the align right but then I am ending up the wrong way. Now the menu is back on the left side again and what I wanted is having it on the right side :blink: But when I use float right the hrefs are messed up and showing of reversed (the other way auround)instead of hrf1, href2, href3, href4 it end up like href4, href3, href2, href1.in my sample hrf1=homeStrange behaviour.. Pherpahs the only solution is adding an additional div which i then float to the right? But that's not what i wanted. So someone with an other clever idea?

Thanks Both for your "early" reply. I changed it into the align right but then I am ending up the wrong way. Now the menu is back on the left side again and what I wanted is having it on the right side :) But when I use float right the hrefs are messed up and showing of reversed (the other way auround)instead of   hrf1, href2, href3, href4 it end up like href4, href3, href2, href1.in my sample hrf1=homeStrange behaviour.. Pherpahs the only solution is adding an additional div which i then float to the right? But that's not what i wanted. So someone with an other clever idea?

Uss the css that i posted earlier (post #6), that aligns the menu to the right and keeps it in the correct order. :)