List

scott100

This is the old way to style a list and start it from a specified number.

<ol type="I" start="5">  <li>Coffee</li>  <li>Tea</li>  <li>Milk</li></ol>

This is the new way, but i can't figure out how to start it from 5 :)

<ol style="list-style-type: upper-roman;"><li>Coffee</li><li>Tea</li><li>Coca Cola</li></ol>

Simple? probably, but i can't find out how anywhere :)

Nope it failed.Error Line 9 column 48: there is no attribute "start".<ol style="list-style-type: upper-roman;" start="7">So what's replaced it?

Hey ASPNETGUY the site says This is how the ordered list is rendered in your browser (it should start with the number 10.)I use IE and the list displays like this [ not starting with 10 ]1. first2. second3. thirdit doesnt seem to work in IE

Hey ASPNETGUY the site says This is how the ordered list is rendered in your browser (it should start with the number 10.)I use IE and the list displays like this [ not starting with 10 ]1. first2. second3. thirdit doesnt seem to work in IE

Hense me saying this:
this is all I could find. It worksin FF and Opers but not IE (go figure)http://www.timrivera.com/tests/ol-start.htmlYou could use the IE conditional comments to hack in the <ol start=""> to make it work iin IE but there goes your strict validation sad.gif

I dont think there's a direct way to get that, even the "Value" attribute of <li> is deprecated too. so may be it needs some javascript work around....

value deprecated too :) is this planned for the future because it validated as strict ok?
this is all I could find. It worksin FF and Opers but not IE (go figure)
Must be because it's part of CSS level 2 revision 1, IE doesn't fully support level 2. :)http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/generate.html#counters