mysql_fetch_array()

hoachen

New to php/mysql and hope someone will give me some opinion!I am trying to write a simple query using php/mysql. I am trying to select all the data from the database and echo them out so i can see the result.I know when use the mysql->Select * from tablename then we can see all the result on the table, but now, i am need to list all the field on my database to see the a row result like doing $rs['id'],.$rs['fname'],..... HOw can I not list all the fields to get the entire row data from the database? Please below code.$query = 'SELECT * FROM mailing_user';$result = mysql_query($query) or die('Query failed: ' . mysql_error());while($rs=mysql_fetch_array($result)){echo $rs['id'].$rs['fname'].$rs['lname']".<br/>";}

New to php/mysql and hope someone will give me some opinion!I am trying to write a simple query using php/mysql. I am trying to select all the data from the database and echo them out so i can see the result.I know when use the mysql->Select * from tablename then we can see all the result on the table, but now, i am need to list all the field on my database to see the a row result like doing $rs['id'],.$rs['fname'],..... HOw can I not list all the fields to get the entire row data from the database? Please below code.$query = 'SELECT * FROM mailing_user';$result = mysql_query($query) or die('Query failed: ' . mysql_error());while($rs=mysql_fetch_array($result)){echo $rs['id'].$rs['fname'].$rs['lname']".<br/>";}

Check out this website:http://www.freewebmasterhelp.com/tutorials/phpmysql/1Part 4 and 5 look like they will help you out. If you need any explanation about the code PM me.

You might also want to do this, if this is what you're asking:

while($rs=mysql_fetch_assoc($result)){  foreach ($rs as $fieldname => $value)  {    echo "{$fieldname}: '{$value}'<br />";  }  echo "<hr />";}