mod_security error

magicadmin

Hi all,I am getting a mod_security error,

[Tue Jun 13 13:37:11 2006] [error] [client 62.*.*.*] mod_security: read_post_payload: Content-Length not available! [hostname "www.graffitiwall.magic8ball.co.uk"] [uri "/includes/graffiti.php?painttext=test&adminreset=0"] [unique_id U3Ix@kMPIBIAAHz8J@EAAAAc][Tue Jun 13 13:37:11 2006] [error] [client 62.*.*.*] mod_security: Access denied with code 403. Pattern match "^$" at HEADER [hostname "www.graffitiwall.magic8ball.co.uk"] [uri "/includes/graffiti.php?painttext=test&adminreset=0"] [unique_id U3Ix@kMPIBIAAHz8J@EAAAAc]

The problem is with my AJAX,

var xmlHttpfunction addtag(str){ var painttext=document.getElementById("graffiti").painttext.valuevar url="includes/graffiti.php?painttext=" + painttextxmlHttp=GetXmlHttpObject(stateChanged)xmlHttp.open("POST", url , true)xmlHttp.send(null)} function stateChanged() { if (xmlHttp.readyState==4 || xmlHttp.readyState=="complete"){ refreshgraffitiwall()document.getElementById('bttnsubmit').disabled=tru  edocument.getElementById("graffiti").painttext.value=""} } function GetXmlHttpObject(handler){ var objXmlHttp=nullif (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Opera")>=0){alert("This Graffiti Wall doesn't work in Opera") return }if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("MSIE")>=0){ var strName="Msxml2.XMLHTTP"if (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("MSIE 5.5")>=0){strName="Microsoft.XMLHTTP"} try{ objXmlHttp=new ActiveXObject(strName)objXmlHttp.onreadystatechange=handler return objXmlHttp} catch(e){ alert("Error. Scripting for ActiveX might be disabled") return } } if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Mozilla")>=0){objXmlHttp=new XMLHttpRequest()objXmlHttp.onload=handlerobjXmlHttp.onerror=handler return objXmlHttp}}

Its working fine in IE but i get the error if FF,Dose any one know where my problem is???Thanks.

the funny thing is that this ajax is from this site and me thinking that w3c are the ones that set the coding standerds they would get it right lol so come on w3c sort it out  :)
This is w3schools.com (forums), not to be confused with w3.org - both are not related.

Hello,Like Scott said, W3S is not to be confused with the world wide web consortium. But I assure you, even the easy topics are not answered within a day. I suggest you keep an eye on this topic, and if it doesn't act up within 2 days, THEN bump it, once. Thanks.Choco

ajax is a coined acroynm (look it up in wiki)(im too lazy :)) but the idea and methods have been around for a long time, it has just become very popular now.I am not sure who first suggested the specification for ajax but anyone can develop a proposal and submit it to W3C for review.