Fading News Bar, HELP!

holmedwa04

Hi,I would like to add a fading news bar to my website, so that it displays sereral different strings of text, each disappearing before the next appears.Does anyone know how I can do this, but is there a way of doing it without server side program?I would also want to be able to use links in it.An example of what I would want to display I have included below:Text String 1:New, guestbook page added 07 May 05Test String 2:New, easy to navigate back buttons included on most pagesText String 3:Visit our new links page to view more website on this topic

I think this is a good example of what you asked for: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/fadescroll.htmIt even has a link as part of the demo - it's created with javascript so no server side code.

Thank's this works a treat, but I cant seem to change the alignment of the text inside it, I have tried to do it by going into this tag:
<div style="font: normal 14px Arial; padding: 10px;">

...and then adding this code, but it doesn't work?

valign: center; align: center

So the final code looked like this

<div style="font: normal 14px Arial; padding: 10px; align: center; valign: center;">

Could anyone helpp me on this one?

There is no align or valign css attribute.<div style="text-align:center;"></div>then maybe text-valign:middle  :)

Thanks, the first one works, but the second one doesn't, I have tried using the word center instead of middle, but that doesn't work either.Does anyone else know how to get this to work?

Thanks, the first one works, but the second one doesn't, I have tried using the word center instead of middle, but that doesn't work either.Does anyone else know how to get this to work?

Also, when I add it to my website, I would like it to have no border, I have tried to use this:var border='0'but that doesn't work, so I tried this...var border='#000066'but niether does this, does anyone know how to change it?

Also, when I add it to my website, I would like it to have no border, I have tried to use this:var border='0'but that doesn't work, so I tried this...var border='#000066'but niether does this, does anyone know how to change it?

You cant just make up variables, change the border that has already been seton line 98 you will see this code:
document.write('<div id="fscroller" style="border:1px solid black;width:'+fwidth+';height:'+fheight+'"></div>');

Change to border:none;

You cant just make up variables, change the border that has already been seton line 98 you will see this code:
document.write('<div id="fscroller" style="border:1px solid black;width:'+fwidth+';height:'+fheight+'"></div>');

Change to border:none;

Thanks, that has worked, I didn't see that bit their, because it said you didn't need to change the code below it, so I never thought to look there.About changing the vertical alignment, I have decided that if I make the news fadder one line thick, then I wont matter, unless someone is viewing the website in a smaller browser or lower reselution.