onload in body tag

Matpatnik

Hi guys,While I was studying the JavaScrip i find this on your website: http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/jsref_onload.asp One of the exemple show in there, is inside a body tag which xhtml doesn't support.How should I write it?

<body>    <onload="load()" />

I'm beganing with xhtml and I'm trying to convert my old htmlThank you for your help :) Mat

<html><head>  <title>some title</title>  <script type="text/javascript">      onload=      function someFunctionName()      {           //do something       }  </script><body></body></html>

this is the same as <body onload="someFunctionName()">

• 5 months later...

Good Morning I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping that I can get some help.I'm trying to add either a countDown function or a setTimeout function to make some software that I made into a 30 day trial. At the end of the 30 day period the software will direct you to awebpageI'm a hairstylist and I've developed software that will calculate a hair color formula.I've tried some of the examples located here but with no luck. I'm new to JS and HTML so please excuse my ignorance on some of these issues.Any ideas?Marc :)

Why dont you start a new topic??