Sending HTTP Requests Between Virtual Host Servers on the Same Machine

iwato

BACKGROUND:  My goal is to emulate on my local server what occurs on my remote server for the purpose of offline development.  On my remote server I have two add-on domains called grammarcaptive.com and nudge.online.  I also have one subdomain called tutor.grammarcaptive.com

The content folder for tutor.grammarcaptive is located in the same folder as the grammarcaptive.com folder.  All of these domain and subdomain name servers communicate with the same MySQL databases.  I have not yet  set up MySQL, but PHP is working well in a simple localhost environment that points to a root document folder at /Library/Webserver/Documents.  However, all of my content on my local server resides in the same /Users/username/Sites folder.  It is to this folder that I would like Apache to point and, of course, PHP to point.

I am working in a MacOS 10.15.4 operating environment using Apache 2.4.41.  I envision a file structure as follows:

/Users/username/Sites/grammarcaptive.com
/Users/username/Sites/grammarcaptive.com/tutor
/User/username/Sites/nudge.online

Once again, it is crucial that I have three virtual domain servers of which each can send HTTP Requests to the other.  Once again, the three servers should be called:

grammarcaptive.com
tutor.grammarcaptive.com
nudge.online

QUESTION ONE:  Is this a reasonable goal?
QUESTION TWO:  If this goal is reasonable, how would I go about setting it up?
QUESTION THREE:  If this goal is unreasonable, what work around would you recommend?

Please advise.

Roddy

OK.  Good bye, W3Schools.  I know when I am not wanted.  Thank you, for all you have done, but no relationship can last forever.

Roddy