clear page but limited to the output only...

Personal_Worker

just to the point, friends... :) let say that i have a form attribute textbox, and a submit button....and then i enter something into the textbox, for example, i typed in "W3Schools Forum"...then after i press the submit button, the browser should display...."W3Schools Forum is an educational forum"na, the problem is here...when i refresh the page, the "W3Shools Forum is an educational forum" still exist in the page....my question is .... how can i remove the "W3Shools Forum is an educational forum" statement in the browser after i refreseh the page.....?thanks before....:)

Can you show us a script?If you are querying using a QueryString then refreshing wont help.If you are using sessions or some other way, somebody around here might be able to work out a way of doing it.Cn you post the script page and your query page (processing page) and peple will take a look for you.

Yeah, the problem is how the refresh works on the browser, not with your script. When you fill out the information and hit submit, the request that the browser sends to the server looks something like this:Post HTTP/1.0Accept: text/html, application/xml; application/xhtml+xml, image/png, image/jpeg, image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, */*;q=0.1Accept-Language: en_US,en;q=0.9Connection: Keep-Alive, TEHost: www.yoursite.comtextfield=W3Schools%20Forum&submit=SubmitPlus a lot more information. Now when you hit refresh, your browser just sends the same thing back. It sends back the exact same request, so your server does the exact same thing. That's just how refresh works, the refresh button doesn't just go to the same address, it sends back the exact same request.