Store Prompt box input to the DB

snakez

Hey guyz help me pls with this problem... im only new to javascript and also to the opensource like(php and mysql). I tried to use a prompt box and store the value into the textbox. But now I want to know how to insert/add the value inputted from a prompt box directly into the mysql database if it is possible.

A database runs on a server, and JavaScript on the clients machine.Those two cannot communicate with eachother, unless JavaScript calls another server-side language like PHP :) Which can communicate with (any) database(s) :)

A database runs on a server, and JavaScript on the clients machine.Those two cannot communicate with eachother, unless JavaScript calls another server-side language like PHP :) Which can communicate with (any) database(s) :)
Yes, actually i used php script to communicate with my MySQL DB. it runs on an apache server. I just dont know how to get the value from the promptbox and store it to the Database. I would like some suggestions also if you guyz have any other way aside from inputting from the promptbox wherein I can add or input a new value and store it directly to the databse?

Yes, actually i used php script to communicate with my MySQL DB. it runs on an apache server. I just dont know how to get the value from the promptbox and store it to the Database. I would like some suggestions also if you guyz have any other way aside from inputting from the promptbox wherein I can add or input a new value and store it directly to the databse?
There are a few ways to do it, but with what you've got, already just do this:
<script language="javascript">function createRequestObject() {	var ro;	var browser = navigator.appName;	if(browser == "Microsoft Internet Explorer"){		ro = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");	}else{		ro = new XMLHttpRequest();	}	return ro; }var AJAX = createRequestObject();function inputVal(inputValue){  AJAX.open('GET','page?value='+inputValue );  AJAX.onreadystatechange = handleConts;  AJAX.send(null);}function handleConts(){if(AJAX.readyState==4){document.getElementById('yourID').innerHTML="added name tot he database, thank you";}}//Now you just have to call it in whateveer function you are usingname=prompt("what yo name is cuz");inputVal(name);</script>

There are a few ways to do it, but with what you've got, already just do this:
<script language="javascript">function createRequestObject() {	var ro;	var browser = navigator.appName;	if(browser == "Microsoft Internet Explorer"){		ro = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");	}else{		ro = new XMLHttpRequest();	}	return ro; }var AJAX = createRequestObject();function inputVal(inputValue){  AJAX.open('GET','page?value='+inputValue );  AJAX.onreadystatechange = handleConts;  AJAX.send(null);}function handleConts(){if(AJAX.readyState==4){document.getElementById('yourID').innerHTML="added name tot he database, thank you";}}//Now you just have to call it in whateveer function you are usingname=prompt("what yo name is cuz");inputVal(name);</script>

Alright i'll try that one, tnx...