How do I: Remove underline from Hyperlinks?

NJC

My blog: Not Just CricketI have quite a few other blogs listed and linked to in my sidebar. I would like to take the underline off all the linked words/lines. I plan to have one font color for normal, then another font color for hover and another for visited.I cant seem to find the place where I can change this.Appending the basic page elements below, if that's of any help.

/* basic page elements */body{	font-family: 'trebuchet ms', times, serif;	font-size: 11px;	background-color: Silver;}a { color: #06C; text-decoration: underline; }a:visited { color: #369; }a:hover { color: #900; }#banner a {color: #bcaace;	text-decoration: none;}#banner a:visited {color: Yellow;}#banner a:hover {	color: Maroon; }.module-content a { color: #96c; font-weight: bold; }.module-content a:visited { color: #bcaace; }.module-content a:hover { color: #9c0; }h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6{	font-family: "Trebuchet MS";}.module-header,.trackbacks-header,.comments-header,.comments-open-header,.archive-header{	/* ie win (5, 5.5, 6) bugfix */	p\osition: relative; 	width: 100%;	w\idth: auto;		margin: 0 0 1px 0;	padding: 5px 5px 5px 25px;	color: #fff;	background: #799de7 url(colitem-header-bg.gif) 0 50% repeat;	font-size: 12px;	font-weight: bold;	text-transform: none;	line-height: 1;}.module-header a,.module-header a:visited,.trackbacks-header a,.trackbacks-header a:visited,.comments-header a,.comments-header a:visited,.comments-open-header a,.comments-open-header a:visited.archive-header a,.archive-header a:visited{	color: #fff;}.module-header a:hover,.trackbacks-header a:hover,.comments-header a:hover,.comments-open-header a:hover,.archive-header a: hover{	color: #369;}.module-content a {color: #369; font-weight: lighter;}.module-content a:visited { color: #6e849a; }.module-content a:hover { color: #900; }.entry-more-link,.entry-footer,.comment-footer,.trackback-footer,.typelist-thumbnailed{	font-size: 10px;}

It certainly does, Asnetguy.Appreciate your help.Also in the following code:

body{	font-family: 'trebuchet ms', times, serif;	font-size: 11px;	background-color: Silver;

I have set the background-color: Silver, but the body of my blog entry still shows as white.Is this not the right code to change to change the background color?Thanks again, ASPNetguy and W3Schools!!

You need to change your colors to hex format. So instead ofcolor: silver;you need:

body{	font-family: 'trebuchet ms', times, serif;	font-size: 11px;	background-color: e2e2e2;}

Also, try to keep everything lower case. silver instead of Silver (for example).

You need to change your colors to hex format. So instead ofcolor: silver;you need:
body{	font-family: 'trebuchet ms', times, serif;	font-size: 11px;	background-color: e2e2e2;}

Also, try to keep everything lower case. silver instead of Silver (for example).

I tried with the hex code, as well as the lower case. Didnt do anything. :)

hex code have to have an octothorp (had to use my vocab :) its the #) in front of them.. so instead of e2e2e2 its #e2e2e2And naming colors only works for like 16 colors, try gray.. (I think its the primary, secondary, and neutral colors).

should be #e2e2e2 not just e2e2e2
Tried that. Didnt work either. Maybe I should ask the question:Where is the code to change the background of my entry body? In the event I may have listed the code under the false assumption that I knew exactly where the code is meant to be!!!! :)

body{	font-family: 'trebuchet ms', times, serif;	font-size: 11px;	background-color: #e2e2e2;}

that should work...you may have a container that is as wide and tall as the body with a background that si white but I don't see anything in the snippet you provided.

I'm with aspnetguy, you must have a div or something that is covering up the background.sorry I forgot the "#" in there.You could try:

body, html {	font-family: 'trebuchet ms', times, serif;	font-size: 11px;	background-color: #e2e2e2;}

What browser are you using?

in http://www.notjustcricket.com/mt-static/th...e-stevenson.css

body{	min-width: 780px;	color: #333;	background: #e1e0e0 url(body-bg.gif) repeat; <-- THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM	background-color: #e2e2e2;}

Your background color is being overridden by the background image, comment out that line and see if that workscomment like this

/*background: #e1e0e0 url(body-bg.gif) repeat;*/

If your background image is transparent use only this line for background-related for body- Moridin
The background image is not transparent...just curious...what is the point of having a transparent background image?

I can think of one very rush solution which you should try out, but only for testing purposes... in the file http://www.notjustcricket.com/styles-site.css add this:

body, html{	background-image: none;	background-color: #e2e2e2;}

Scince this is your "master" CSS file, everything below the import declarations should have higher priority then in the imported stylesheets themselves.If this works, then it's not a code problem, but a priority one. If this works, try to add it at the bottom of the file http://www.notjustcricket.com/mt-static/th...e-stevenson.css instead. If that then works, attempt edits in that file somewhere up.