Netscape versus Explorer display differences

Guest jxer00

Guest jxer00

Hello all-I am new to the forum and new to web design in general so please be patient with me. I recently did something for a friend and the site uses a few areas that are just a table with a background color that is supposed to be blue. My trouble is that the area shows blue in explorer but in navigator the background color doesnt show...so the consistency is off....I am too inexperienced to understand why this is going on.... any advice appreciated. Also if more info is needed please let me know... Thanks again in advance to all help!!!!Also- i wanted some links to show as color 003366 but this color wont work? I guess it is not compatible or somesuch...any way around this?Thanks for your help!

Hello all-I am new to the forum and new to web design in general so please be patient with me. I recently did something for a friend and the site uses a few areas that are just a table with a background color that is supposed to be blue. My trouble is that the area shows blue in explorer but in navigator the background color doesnt show...so the consistency is off....I am too inexperienced to understand why this is going on.... any advice appreciated. Also if more info is needed please let me know... Thanks again in advance to all help!!!!Also- i wanted some links to show as color 003366 but this color wont work? I guess it is not compatible or somesuch...any way around this?Thanks for your help!
If you are trying to change the actual link colour then you will need to use some styles and class' it is best to create a style sheet for this, so...Create a notepad document and save it as stylesheet.css, then insert this:
a:link {color:"blue"; text-decoration:"none"}a:visited {color:"blue"; text-decoration:"none"}a:hover {color:"green"; text-decoration:"underline overline"}a:link.2 {color:"blue"; text-decoration:"none"; font-weight: "bold";}a:visited.2 {color:"blue"; text-decoration:"none"; font-weight: "bold";}a:hover.2 {color:"green"; text-decoration:"underline overline"; font-weight; "bold";}a:link.3 {color:"black"; text-decoration:"none"}a:visited.3 {color:"black"; text-decoration:"none"}a:hover.3 {color:"green"; text-decoration:"underline overline"}a:link.4 {color:"red"; text-decoration:"none"}a:visited.4 {color:"red"; text-decoration:"none"}a:hover.4 {color:"green"; text-decoration:"underline overline"}

into your notepad file, these are justexample of different class' you can use as many of them as you like, but first you must put a link in you html document in between the head and body, this is what you should put:

</head><LINK rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css"><body>

That is just a snippet, now come the fun part, when inserting a link, it will have a structure like this:<a href="url">Link</a>The first 3 lines of the stylesheet control any links like this, then if you want other links you must give them a class like this:<a class="2" href="url">Link</a>The class name in the quotes needs to be the same as it is in the style sheet.As for your problem with not getting the table background right, I would use IE or Firefox as the other person says.Hope this has helped, I will be willing to explain anything nore thoroughly if you need.

Uh... don't use Netscape...
I quite agree, not many people use netscape, and if they really wanted to view your site properly they would you a browser that works with it.I suggest putting a satisfaction guarantee on your site, then in it mention about which browser it best runs in and what sort of reselution is best for it.