Reading, writing and deleting records in access database

Guest onormann

Guest onormann

Hia!I'm a total amateur to VBS but need help on a VBS script. This is used in a HMI system from Siemens called WinCC, used for process viewing and control.What I need to is to write to a table in Access, then read these values and then delete records (rows) in Access.By using help functions in WinCC I have this set up:I created an Access database with the WINCC_DATA table and columns (ID,TagValue) with the ID as the Auto Value.Then I can write to Access by the following code:Dim objConnectionDim strConnectionStringDim lngValueDim strSQLDim objCommandstrConnectionString = "Provider=MSDASQL;DSN=SampleDSN;UID=;PWD=;"lngValue = HMIRuntime.Tags("Tag1").ReadstrSQL = "INSERT INTO WINCC_DATA (TagValue) VALUES (" & lngValue & ");"Set objConnection = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")objConnection.ConnectionString = strConnectionStringobjConnection.OpenSet objCommand = CreateObject("ADODB.Command")With objCommand.ActiveConnection = objConnection.CommandText = strSQLEnd WithobjCommand.ExecuteSet objCommand = NothingobjConnection.CloseSet objConnection = NothingThis actually works fine, pure luck I guess!Can anyone help me with scripts for:1. Reading one record (row) according to a ID number2. Deleting the a record (row) according to a ID numberA complete script would of course be the best thing for a "stupid" amateurlike me! But I would be very thankful for any help!Best regardsonormann

It just requires sending different SQL statements to the server. Select and delete statements look like this:SELECT * FROM table_name WHERE id=some_valueor:strSQL = "SELECT * FROM WINCC_DATA WHERE id=" & lngValueAnd for delete:DELETE FROM table_name WHERE id=some_valuestrSQL = "DELETE FROM WINCC_DATA WHERE id=" & lngValue