Are they more HTML and XHTML codes than listed?

the rookie

I have a curious question, I am a beginner and I have went thru the HTML and XHTML stuff pretty fast but my question is, is there more codes for these than listed?Example: I've seen various codes spread around in various areas, like myspace for instance, I am noticing that there certain codes for like animating animated text and so on, I am aware of Java and DHTML, but I was curious if there was anything left for HTML and XHTML before I move on to items such as Java and DHTMLI am aware of CSS style sheets and I've seen some great stuff, but I like the designing on the spot type of thing, like is there anything for HTML to include sound clips or anything addtional in that nature, or is Java and DHTML the next step?I know Flash and Dreamweaver, but I rather do the hardcoding so to speak, without using software to create anything, from the ground up process if you will, because some companies can not afford some of the tools and software to create websites, so I wanted to learn the scratch process, i think it's better in my opinion

There are absolutly loads of HTML tags, and as I am sure you are aware, it is hard to write them all down, and so there will be many that you see from new. As W3C is the "World Wide Web Consortium, a body for standardising Web Technologies". Then there shouldn't be any that are missed, although tags do depriciate. I find that if you follow a good tutorial you will learn most that you need to know, and then if you have any queries, just contact someone on here by sending a post. Try this really good tutorial Click Here

You should use the <object> element to embed a sound or movie into the XHTML page. Other elements such as <embed> are not standart ones, which is why they are not listed in W3Schools' references.

Oh right, I didn't realise
Thanks for the timely response guys, that does help alot, Im some what new to the HTML and XHTML thing, I breeze thru pretty fast because I'm coming from a C and C++ background and a year into that, so the coding becomes really easy.Im also a graphic designer as well, and many people I meet out there (clients) dont like flash or dont want it on there website but ask for this and that, oddly enough I know people that dont even have broadband connections as well, so what I like to do especially while Im at work without any real tools is create websites from complete scratch but with the same design content in mind I like the programming aspect of things, and I enjoy it really. I've even looked into more CSS stuff as well, this site has great documentation and I would like to thank everybody for it, especially for beginners like me,I'll study up more XHTML as well and work my way up I like the <script> and haven't found much on the <object> yet, but I'll look into it ASAP thanks again

Thanks for the timely response guys, that does help alot, Im some what new to the HTML and XHTML thing, I breeze thru pretty fast because I'm coming from a C and C++ background and a year into that, so the coding becomes really easy.Im also a graphic designer as well, and many people I meet out there (clients) dont like flash or dont want it on there website but ask for this and that, oddly enough I know people that dont even have broadband connections as well, so what I like to do especially while Im at work without any real tools is create websites from complete scratch but with the same design content in mind I like the programming aspect of things, and I enjoy it really. I've even looked into more CSS stuff as well, this site has great documentation and I would like to thank everybody for it, especially for beginners like me,I'll study up more XHTML as well and work my way up I like the <script> and haven't found much on the <object> yet, but I'll look into it ASAP thanks again
If you're coming from C/C++ I suggest you take some time to learn php or asp, or both. Personally I have experience with php and sql and find the combined to be extremely useful languages for webpage design and database management. Get a good base with html/xhtml first.