Css background image

hoachen

I have problem for the height of the background image. I have a 800px X 350px gradient background image, I used css to make the image as a background so i can create text above the background layer. when my text area (inside the table with the background color) is longer then 350px, the gradiented image will only shows of the height of the image. The background image should be same height of the text (table height). THe webpage i create not every page are the same height. If I make it heigth to 800px X 1000px this will make the shorter page background look weired and no gradient background for the shorter page. This make it not nice if i repeat the background. And also, why my css background-image is not work on firefox? My question is how can i to accomplish these two? any advise will be very appreciate.Here is the link to view what i am talking about of my problem.http://www.hoachen.com.websitetestlink.com/<head><style type="text/css">div#img {background-image:url(file:///C|/Documents and Settings/siew/Desktop/test/bg.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat;width:800px;height:350px;}</style></head><body><div id="img"> <table width="600" bgcolor="#00FF00" align="center"> <tr> <td width="637">Scientists Study Robot-Human Interactions <p>HATFIELD, England, Aug. 30 (UPI) -- British scientists are studying how people interact with robots to determine what future machines should look like and how they should behave.</p> blah blah blah </td> </tr></table></div>

Thank you very much for trying to help me to solve my problem.I tried and it works for the body.But, I have a grey color for my body so it does not work on the belowbody { background-image: url('images/index_17.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed;}I tried to put this gradient background inside the wrapper and it does not work even though i put the background-attachment:fixed. It will scoll the whole page.do you have any suggestion?

Please see the below url of what i post earlier.The background image of the contents is not all the way down to the bottom of the article. The background image is fix 800px X 600px if the contents more than 600px height it will be look like what i have which i don;'t want to be. I want the background is same height with the article.http://www.hoachen.com.websitetestlink.com/test.html

The way you have your gradient set up, there is no way to not make it look bad when you repeat it. Thats just the way it is. If you stretched the image it would look really bad also. I'd suggest making a new gradient. Or take a few pixels from the bottom of the image and make them repeat at the bottom. But like you said, that looks bad also. Its hard to make a scaleable site with a texture an oddly placed gradient.