CSS help needed, I think.

HHawk

Hi guys,I am designing a startpage (when I open IE / Firefox, it starts with this page) which contains useful information and shortcuts I regular use.The design and layout is 100% done now and now I am putting HTML to it. Though I am almost done, it seems I have stumbled on a problem which I cannot fix myself.The header of my page contains 2 search functions; one is used for Google to search the internet, while the other is used for something else. Anyways, I am having a hard time to blend the layout with Google's search function. I tried it several times by using CSS, but it doesn't matter how I do it, I just cannot get it to work within that used layout for some reason... Sigh.Feel free to take a look at my header code: .zip file(small .zip file including my complete header coding & images)If anyone is so nice to give me a hand with this, I would be most grateful. Cause I can't seem to get it to work in the current layout. :)Cheers.

Alright Pal?Im not really sure as to what it is you are after, the page you have supplied is just an image???The design looks fine if thats what you mean.As far as i can see there isnt a lot we can do with just an image, can you shed some more light on the problem?p.s subject headers should be helpful 2, not just 'help needed'

Alright Pal?Im not really sure as to what it is you are after, the page you have supplied is just an image???The design looks fine if thats what you mean.As far as i can see there isnt a lot we can do with just an image, can you shed some more light on the problem?p.s subject headers should be helpful 2, not just 'help needed'
What I mean is, I want to use the Google search function, in the Google-part in the layout. But holding on to it's current design. Meaning I don't want the standard Google textfield (form) etc., but using my own created text field. I am sorry if it's not understandable what I mean, but English is not my native language. So it's hard to explain.

Well, as BiteMe said, your layout is just a bunch of images really. There isn't a whole lot you can do with just images.You need to put your page together first.You can use css to change the appearance of the input field for your search box. But, you need to set the page up with the correct elements before you can do that.You will need to use Dreamweaver, GoLive or notepad or something to get your page set up. ImageReady won't be able to do that.Sorry for the bad news! :)

Well, as BiteMe said, your layout is just a bunch of images really. There isn't a whole lot you can do with just images.You need to put your page together first.You can use css to change the appearance of the input field for your search box. But, you need to set the page up with the correct elements before you can do that.You will need to use Dreamweaver, GoLive or notepad or something to get your page set up. ImageReady won't be able to do that.Sorry for the bad news! :)
?!Look in the .zip file. There is besides the images directory ALSO a test.html file. Which uses the sliced images. Please check better! Thank you.

The html file just gets the images and makes the header look like it has a search box.There is no actual form anywhere on the page.Are you just trying to be able to type in those text box images?I don't really understand the question! Sorry :)
Ah okay now I understand. Well let me explain.I want it to be a form, a searchform for Google to be more exact. So whenever I type something in it and press enter, it will search on Google for me.Anyways, I tried it previously with a normal HTML form, which gave me a few problems; the biggest one was for the fact it uses a standard square textfield, which makes it look ugly in the current layout. And I want the layout to stay like it's currently is.But recently I have learned it's possible by using CSS to use forms as well and with which you are possible to use the current style and layout of your website. E.g. changing the form appearance to the way you want it to look like, which would mean for me like the current layout.Sorry if I can't explain it better... But English is not my native language and thus giving me a hard time to explain exactly what I want to do. I already found some kind of tutorial which explains it a bit, but this time I have a hard time to understand how they do it. Take a look here: LINKMaybe you understand what I want better after reading this posting and the link I supplied within this posting.Hopefully someone can help me out now.

Well I have been fooling a bit around with Google's search function, but whenever I add the </form> tag to the end, it's starting to use more space in the search field.Example (with </form> tag): Screenshot 1Example (without </form> tag): Screenshot 2So I finally got the search to work with Google, except the problem (the explained earlier in this posting) with the </form> tag is still there. Whenever I add that to make the search function work, it looks like Screenshot 1. Without the </form> tag, it looks like Screenshot 2, but the search does not work. Any help. Please.Nevermind... Fixed it. I should have put the </form> after the </td>Works fine now. Thanks for all the help!