Hover menu problems..

Guest evensrii

Guest evensrii

I am creating my new homepage (with WordPress), and my navigation menu consists of a <ul>, where the <li> are shown as blocks (display: block). The text/real link/<a> is inside this block. Take a look at the page to see what I mean: www.evenshjemmecider.comMy problem is as follows: (I'm sure you understand it if you check out the menu at my page)How can I get the list element (the "block") and the link itself (the text and its background) to hover simultaneousely? When I place the cursor over the list element, this "block" changes background colour, while a small area (a small square) around the text keeps the old colour.This also works vice versa, when I put my cursor over the link, the background of the text changes colour, while the rest of the block (the list element itself) keeps the old colour..My CSS is as follows:#sidebar {float: left;width: 175px;margin: 0 10px 0 0;padding: 5px;border-left: 0;border-right: 1px solid #363430}#sidebar h1 { color: #bd934f; margin: 0px 0 5px; font-variant: small-caps; font-size: 100%; }#sidebar ul { margin: 0 0 12px; padding: 0; border-top: 1px solid #363430; border-bottom: 1px solid #363430; margin-right: 10px; }#sidebar li { display: block; padding: 4px 10px; margin: 1px 0;}#sidebar a, #sidebar li {font-color: #d8d7d3; /* White colour */background: #1B1814; /* Grey colour */}#sidebar a:hover, #sidebar li:hover {font-color: #d8d7d3; /* White colour */background: #363430 /* Light grey colour */}Please help me, this is so frustrating.. =)

I don't see anything wrong with your navigation menu. When I hover over it (in both FF and IE browsers) I see the background color and text color change... from what I understood that is what you wanted right?By the way font-color is an attribute that doesn't exist. If you wanted to affect the target text color, it would be just color without the "font-" part.