site won't load in IE because of external forms...?

V for Vincent

Hey there.I've been studying HTML, CSS and JS for a few weeks now because our student council needed a new webmaster and I'm the only one who could read some code. I've been given access to the website by the old webmaster. First thing I figured I should do was replace some massive headers by something simpler (I don't intend to rewrite the whole website, people are used to the old one). The previous webmaster didn't use CSS and had copy-pasted quite a bit of JS code in every header. I just copied the JS code, as well as part of the markup (I intend to get it all done, but that's beside the point...) to an external file and for some reason the website won't open in IE. I've put some of the necessary files on the free webspace my provider, well, provides, but the servers don't allow PHP, so you'll have to download the documents found here:My WebspaceThe images don't work. I know. They're just not necessary to solve the problem. If you compare presidium6.php and presidium7.php's headers, I'm sure you'll notice the difference.Anyone out there have a clue? I know it's a pretty boring thing to ask, but I'm really stuck ATM.

How... weird. On my computer, using Firefox, opening any of those files just takes me straight to the source code. However, opening them in IE works just fine with the exception of the images... The JavaScript even works... Not really sure what to tell you.I can, however, give you a few random tips about your code. Taking all that style stuff out of the <body> element, and put it in the css either for that page, or in the main css. Same goes for all the background colors you have for the td's. (You may have already thought of that and just haven't done it yet, so if that's the case just ignore that part. ) Also, add this

html { min-height: 100%; margin-bottom: 1px;}

to your css. On FF and IE at least that will make sure that there's always a scroll bar on the right side of the screen. That way, when people switch between pages with a scroll bar and pages where the content isn't long enough to add one, there won't be any page shifting. It will make the transition smoother.I'll try and think of more if it comes to me.

Thanks, that's some useful stuff.I've just uploaded these files somewhere on the server they're supposed to go in a few weeks - it has PHP support, but I still have the same issue. I don't know whether this'll prove useful, but here are those two pages on a different server:http://www.babylon.student.kuleuven.be/presidium-31.phphttp://www.babylon.student.kuleuven.be/presidium-32.php

I did. The original names have links to them on that website, so I did it to make sure no one would run into difficulties.Oh, and info-4 does work, but that one doesn't contain any links to external files.