divs

thibo1025

Ok I'm used to the old style of setting pages(with tables) and I am getting to learn how to use the newstyle (using divs and positions).my code is this

<div class="1">Somethings</div><div class="2">Something else</div>

And this page is linked to an outer page of CSS in which the code should look like this.

div.1 { height: 30px; float: left; width:20%;}div.2 { height: 30px; float: right; width: 80%;}

my problem is tha when di this, there is a space between the cells. and I cannot get rid of it could you help me out please.

Add "margin: 0;".By the way, rename the classes so they start with letters. Standart loving browsers choke at classes starting with numbers. Also, use classes for common things, or should I say "styles that apply to more then one element on a page" and IDs if the style is applicable to only one item in a page. In your case, this would mean:

<div class="a" id="b">Somethings</div><div class="a" id="c">Something else</div>

and a CSS:

.a {height: 30px; margin: 0;}#b {float: left; width:20%;}#c {float: right; width: 80%;}

There are two problems in your answers first of all , the idea of the "margin: 0;" dosent change anything (my classes 1 and 2 were only for the examples). and the idea of Cronthenoob should work but I would prefer to keep my percentages...

yes but the problem is that if I do that it wont goall the way on the right. U see what I want to do is to have two divs of 20 an 80 percent each and there should be no space in between them.

css:

.a, .b {  float: left;  height: 20px;  background-color: blue;}.a {width: 80%;}.b {width: 20%;}

html:

<div class="a">Text Here</div><div class="b">Text Here</div>

That code works. I put a background on the divs just to show you there is not gap. Try it out.