Nav doesn't display correctly

Xerxes

Hello,I am working on a website for walkerracing.com and I can't get this nav to work correctly.http://www.whitedrake.com/spinweb/projects...cing/index.htmlThe black box should be centered and it goes below each link. I am sure you can see what I am talking about. Does anyone know how to fix that problem? Thanks a lot.
the layout is a bit messed up in Firefox too.

I think he was talking about the navigation. I also see it missed up in Firefox.

#smenu1, #smenu2, #smenu3, #smenu4, #smenu5, #smenu6 {font-size:10px;color:#FFFFFF;background-color:#000000;position:absolute;width: 750px;left: 4px;}

Try that CSS code. You have your position to absolute and are displaying the content you're using in dd ul and li tags, perhaps that's what is throwing you off. I added left: 4px; to you CSS code above, try it see if that helps out.

I think he was talking about the navigation. I also see it missed up in firefox.
#smenu1, #smenu2, #smenu3, #smenu4, #smenu5, #smenu6 {font-size:10px;color:#FFFFFF;background-color:#000000;position:absolute;width: 750px;left: 4px;}

Try that CSS code. You have your position to absolute and are displaying the content you're using in dd ul and li tags, perhaps that's what is throwing you off. I added left: 4px; to you CSS code above, try it see if that helps out.

That left justified it. (above link updated) Since it is an "absolute" position... I think that is why it didn't left justify it within the div. Still can't figure out how to get it centered though

Your actual navigation text is centered but the div, or whatever it is, is aligned left... at least in Firefox 1.5
yeah, the position on it is absolute. I tried to make it a different position, but it just messes up the nav. It is aligned to the left because RahXephon suggested to put the "left: 4px" in there.Is it possible to make the position other than absolute without it getting messed up?

yeah, the position on it is absolute. I tried to make it a different position, but it just messes up the nav. It is aligned to the left because RahXephon suggested to put the "left: 4px" in there.Is it possible to make the position other than absolute without it getting messed up?
I doubt it. I'm guessing you're going to have to adjust the absolute setting and tweak your site accordingly.