fileupload using jsps

santhosh kumar

an appilication of ours uses an old forum management system.. if we go to the post message page, we have no option to attach file.. am trying to give attach file provision.. the form for post messages contains similar elements that are seen when you try to post in this w3schools forum.. the problem is for file upload, the form should have "enctype=multipart/form-data".. but my code shows error saying "Posted content type isn't multipart/form-data ".. so when shld or when shldn i use "enctype=multipart/form-data".. ?..can someone clear my doubts..

You need to use that whenever you have a file upload. You can probably use it even if you aren't uploading a file, but if you want to use file uploads you need to use it, or the upload won't be received. You put that attribute on the form tag:<form enctype="multipart/form-data" ... >

ya.. i got that.. i wrote a separate jsp code (the form has the attribute enctype="multipart..") to upload a file and its working.. but when i use the the same coding in my existing code base (which is a form to post a message to a thread in a forum..) it is giving errors.. i belive the error could be in 'action' attribute.. in my code base the form is self submitting.. i am not sure how to make file upload work in aself submitting jsp..