TEXT AREA

holmedwa04

Hi,This is just a quicky, I am making a feedback form, and I have a comments box, beause it is a text area it has a scroll bar, and it looks really ugly, so can I get rid of it, and make it appear only when the users message is longer than the text area?

You must be viewing it in IE, right? FirFox hides the scrollbars wutomatically until the content is big enough to need them. In IE it shows regardless. You could set all of the scrollbar attributes in CSS to be the color white but then you would lose the scrollbar all together.

You have an IE issues...not really anyway around it. there might be a way to do this with javascript. Set the scrollbar colors to white by default then use javascript to detect when the textarea starts scrolling and then change the scrollbar colors to be visible again but that is a lot of work just for that.

So do you think I should just leave them, its just that when I changed my scroll bar colours, I noticed for the first time that the TEXT AREAS had them!...And I thought they looked a bit silly, but even so, you cant have colour scroll bars on Fire Fox.I think I will just leave them, I just thought maybe, like with frames, you could set no scroll bar.