How to build interface to Web Application??

deepak_agrawal

Hi All,I am doing a project in which I need to interface with an existing Web Application. Its something like i am going to access another web application inside my application and retrieving and updating the information to this application.Is there any way i can interact with Web application without creating any interface code at other side?I think we can use PUT and GET method of HTTP in my java code. But i not sure from where to start with.Can Someone can guide me to appropriate link?Thanks Deepak

So, from what I understand, you have a Java application that you want to interact with another, existing application. You could do this, but it will take a fair amount of research on your part, unless you have access to the source code for the existing web application.What you need to know is what information the other application needs in order to do the things you want it to do. If you have access to the source code, then you can look at that to figure out what POST and GET values the program looks for. If you don't have access, then you will either need to look at the HTML code for every form that gets submitted to see what it submits, or, probably easier, use a utility that shows you the entire request that gets sent. You can use a utility to view the request which will show you all of the POST or GET information that gets sent to the server. So, you can perform some action, see what information gets sent, and then have your Java application send the same information the same way in order to accomplish the same thing.The only caveat is sessions or logins. If the other application is looking for a login cookie or session information, that will probably take quite a bit of troubleshooting to get right.