Running ASP on an external server

pudge

I'm planning on using ASP in my website (which is being hosted on a web hosting service), as i've just learnt VBScript, and i'm planning on adding some more interactive script. Unfortunately, after reading through the w3schools tutorial, i couldnt figure out how to even get started.I'm guessing that to start i need to be able to make some files with a .asp extension, but i'm not sure how exactly i am supposed to do that. Whats more, im using a computer that runs on XP home edition, so i dont think i can use an IIS, which i'm guessing is kind of essential.If anyone can run me through this whole ASP thing from the start, in very simple, easy to understand words, i would be pretty grateful.

Well first of all, your hosting service needs to support asp. To put an asp page on the web you just save it as "myfile.asp" be sure to type the .asp. And then upload it.In the actual page you'll need to start asp<% ASP code goes here%>If you are wanting to use your home PC as a host, I'm pretty sure you'll need XP pro or MS server to install IIS.