How to reduce multiple repeats

aquatsr

OK so in my databast driven site I like to give the user a variety of choices in sorting by starting letter and catogory. The problem is that when I say, like "Sort by album starting with letter P I get:Phobia - Breaking BenjaminPhobia - Breaking BenjaminPhobia - Breaking BenjaminPhobia - Breaking BenjaminPhobia - Breaking BenjaminPhobia - Breaking BenjaminPhobia - Breaking BenjaminPhobia - Breaking BenjaminPhobia - Breaking BenjaminPhobia - Breaking BenjaminPhobia - Breaking BenjaminBasically it shows every entry that has that... which is good if I was showing the individual song titles - but I'm not. How can I show that my database has Phobia, but not have it show every entry?

It gives an error:Could not query the database:You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'UNIQUE genre FROM songs WHERE genre LIKE 'I%' ORDER BY genre ASC' at line 1(It's the same whether it's I or r or any letter, regardless of case.)