Ive no clue where to go with this code..

reportingsjr

As you may have heard, im making a game right now. Im coming close to releasing it but I now have a major problem :). I have absolutely no clue how to write a hit or miss code that involves my own percentages and the users level. The "hit or miss" code im talking about is, if you didnt understand what I meant this, the user has a level of 10, and it takes level 1 to "fish" a catfish. The code will generate a random thing, say 25% of the time you will catch it, and the other 75% you will miss. But since they are level 10 it will be easier for them to catch it, so they are %10 more likely to catch it.Im so lost! I could do a random, but it would be just as hard to catch it if your level 10 as it was at 1, and I think you should get better with each level, so the percentage increases each level.Maybe this would work a bit?

$catch_or_not = rand(1,100);$level = $level - 1; //1 is the level it takes to catch this, will make it more fair at higher lvls like 75//if everything stays at 25% then at level 75 all fish you would be able to catch every time lol. //That wouldnt be good!$catch = 25 + $level; //level is presumably 10if($catch_or_not <= $catch){//Yay, you caught it!!}else{//nope =[ missed!!}

Do you think that would be sufficient? Or do I need to add less on.. I think that once you hit level 76 (the point at which it becomes 100%) you should be well enough off for this..

Well nevermind! I used the exact code I have here and it work presumably well. Its not the best though unfortunately. Its really hard to catch fish lol. But thats the way I want my game! Hard to beat. It will be to..