Overwelming Problem

Lulu

I need to create a form that submits de info to another page aoutside my server.Then I need to display whatever output the external page gave back in my page.I have to do this without opening the external page anyware.ex.In my page user enters telefone nomberIn external page the page cheks the number and gives a result.I display the result in my page.So far I have no idea what to do :) I can create a form and submit the info to the other page, but the form automatically loads the other page.I dont even know if thats possible with javaScript!I dont know if you understand my issue.... but any help...Anything!...will be greatly appreciated.

You can't use AJAX unless it's with PHP first of all, and second of all, there's no point in this application because it's not a complex form or anything, I think. :)

I think that the other site already uses SSL, and this person wants to send a variable to that page, have it send some info back, and have that info displayed. Thats exactly what ajax does to :).

Ya, but what's the point of doing it with AJAX? It's just gets more complex. You might as well just make a php page and submit the form there, right?

The point is that this person doesnt know how to do whatever scripting that needs to be done and there is a file(say on a friend's server or something) that has already been done...AJAX would be good here... just let me know if you want the AJAX code..And Chocolate570, AJAX can be used with ANY server side language, not just PHP.

ok....I tried PHP...but I have to load the external page in the browser....which I dont want.... If there is another way with php please enlight me!I read about AJAX but feel complete lost!I havent used JavaScript in like 4 years...so Im less that profisient...lolAnd I cannot add AJAX on top of that!.... I dont even know what Im doing there!.....Im sure if I had the time I could deal with AJAX....but I need this fast.... im still reading and looking around to see if I can get a clue....But if u guys have anything please help!