Looks fine in IE, but is not lining up right in FF or Safari?

KCDesigner

I have been trying to get this web page to line up for a few weeks now and I cant figure out why it wont. It looks fine in IE, but when I look at it in FF or Safari it is about 10-15 px off. If someone would please take a look at my code and tell me if they see what is wrong with it that would be great. I am running out of places to turn, this is basically a last ditch effort so please help me. :)SiteThanks

The absolute positioning probably has something to do with it, but you should also change things like this:<div style="background-image: url(...) ..."><table><tr><td><p>button text</p></td></tr></table></div>to this:<div style="background-image: url(...) ...">button text</div>

The absolute positioning probably has something to do with it, but you should also change things like this:<div style="background-image: url(...) ..."><table><tr><td><p>button text</p></td></tr></table></div>to this:<div style="background-image: url(...) ...">button text</div>
Thanks that is what the problem was. Someone told me to try it that way. I am still having trouble getting the rest of the website lined up. Would you be willing to take a look at the rest of my site and see if you can find anything else that might be causing it to not line up right.

As a general rule, if something looks right in MSIE but wrong in FF/Mozilla/Opera/Safari, then it's because some bug in MSIE is hiding a problem in the code. :)When something doesn't align properly, it's usually because you forgot to define of of these CSS properties:bordermarginpaddingborder-spacingFor one or more of the container elements. Different browsers have different default values. If you set the properties explicitly, the page should look the same everywhere (in your case it was probably the margins and padding of the table or td elements, but removing them altogether was the best solution, since they weren't necessary anyway). RMN~~~