Satellite internet

Caligo

All I can get at home is dial up or satellite. the problem with satellite is it's expensive and it would seem, possibly unreliable due to clouds etc.I was wondering, would it really be worth getting satellite or should I just keep dial up. Mind you I am trying to become a web designer (going to college and doing things on my own) so that bears down on my decision a great deal as it is.'Well then, that's a rather easy answer,' you might think, but I just want to know if it would really be worth it.Oh, how would it be for hosting?

Given your current state, I'd say its probably not worth it. If you are in school, then utilize your schools internet connections - I know its an inconvenience, but it will also make sure that you plan your trips to the computer lab which will condition you to organize your time. If you decide to get satellite, there would likely be too many reasons not to use it for the reason you got it. :)

Thats true. The thing about me not using it for web design I must disagree with because when I'm at work and I have spare time, that's what I do is surf sites like this and deviantart or other such sites so that I can get better, so that I wouldn't be worried about, but you are right the ability is still there.Alright, you know, just that little bit made me think. You really are right, it wouldn't be worth it because I have many opportunities to use T1 at work and plus college... Thanks for showing me how dumb that would be :)