Discussion Board pre-qualifying questions.

Skemcin

I need a little help coming up with some "pre-qualifying" questions to ask a client why they want a discussion board. There are a few folks in my meetings that want it and a few that do not see the purpose. I, can see both sides of the debate and I know in my next meeting both sides are going to look at me and say "what would you suggest?"So, before I get put on the spot, I'd like to compile a few questions that will challenge the group to make the decision for themselves - I'd prefer not getting pinned with the success or failure but I want to give sound advice - this is a non-profit organization serving medical professionals. :) So, here is what I started with (now experiencing a light drizzle instead of a brainstorm).a.) Why are you considering a discussion board? (check boxes) establish a sense of community, reduce emails, draw traffic, provide service (support), 'cuz its cool/in, etc.b.) how many people is this targeted to?c.) is there any evidence (polls) that indicate a desire for a discussion board?d.) public or private, or both with limited subset of access?e.) who will admin/moderate/facilitate?f.) what is the common ground or basis of the discussion board?g.) how will this contribute to the organization's mission/goal?Thats all I have so far. Any additions would be much appreciated. Again, I am looking to establish a questionaire that will have the right questions so that the answers give me a "yes" or "no" recommendation.Thanks in advance.

8. (h) who is the target?9. (i) purpose- is it for user-to-user interaction medical professional to patient? medical professional to medical professional? medical professional to public?10. to get ideas from the public about.... 11. is it just to fall in line of advanced technology?

(now experiencing a light drizzle instead of a brainstorm).
ME TOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :)EDIT: this is medical forum i found. it might spark ideasanother one