Total noob question...

Ajora

I'm really new on this...and the deadline is getting near.See, I'm supposed to make a dynamic website using any tools i want..but all i know that to make a web interface, we can use tools like ;* Dreamweaver* VBTo make a...database? we can use tools like ; * Ms.Access* SQLTo make connection between database - website, we use tools like ; * PHP* ASP* ASP.Netright?correct me if i'm wrong...but seriously, what is the best tool to start with? I used Dreamweaver before, but only making a really simple static website. HELPP

Yeh I think your right, although I don't know what quite all of those are, but if you are making a website you really need to code it using Notepad. Well thats what I do :) So, to get started go to the W3schools website and follow the HTML tutorials.

Database management really takes time and if your deadline is really soon, there's nothing you can do about it.Notepad is the hard way of making web sites, buy it's probably the best way to learn. Dreamwaver 8 is easy, but one should use it in "coder" mode, not it's WYSIWYG abilities. If you decide to use another editor, it should be a text editor anyway, not a WYSIWYG editor.Visual Basic (VB) and the IDE for it- Visual Studio .NET are not for making web sites. They are for making desktop applications, though one of VS.NET's abilities is a plain HTML editor."SQL" is actually the language differnt databases use for queries, including MS Access. Other database engines include MySQL, MaxDB, MS SQL, Oracle and many others.PHP and ASP(.NET) are probably the most famous server side scripting languages, but know they are not the only ones. There's also Cold Fusion, JSP, Perl and many others. All of them can do everything, including DB communtication, so it's really a matter of preference and environment.

Ah, I get the point...Thank you...No, my deadline is like 3 - 4 more weeks but I need to do another projects before that time comes. This is actually a group project, I do the website interface and my friends do the databases and documentation.The website we want to make is like this website www.spawn.com and www.amazingcomics.comso my website basically will have registration forms, search function and those buy-sell thingie.